We’re guessing you’re here for one of two reasons. Either you love tech and you’re here to check out the specs, or your boss sent you here to see if Adar IT-as-a-Service will work for your company.
Either way, we’re here for it. Your boss might be checking out cloud-based IT to cut costs, but we like to think of it as hooking up our fellow IT workers. Late-night support calls? Handled. A software patch you’re worried is going to break your SQL server? Our experts are already testing it. Server room on fire? Never – our servers are too cool to catch fire.
So, what’s our secret? We utilize industry-leading cloud IT infrastructure platform, for Private Cloud, to deliver you a comprehensive and seamlessly-integrated IT environment. Adar IT-as-a-Service gets you complete IT infrastructure and comes pre-configured and ready to use – just add users, apps, and data. Here at Adar, we handle the grunt work, so you can focus on the things you enjoy. Like writing scripts to optimize workflows, researching new tech, analyzing ways to improve the efficiency and reliability of your local assets, “monitoring the network” (we know – totally not the same as “surfing the Web”).
Let’s dive into the details, shall we?
(AKA the Tech Stuff)
We know cloud-based services are only as fast and secure as the network. But we’ve set up a really great one. Let us show you around.
- 10GbE network backbone
- Isolated VLAN private to your company
- Dedicated Fortigate Next-Gen virtual firewall with intrusion prevention, content filtering and gateway antimalware
- LAN for internal workloads and DMZ for publically facing servers
- Multi-Gbps internet connectivity
Nerdio includes virtual server infrastructure built in the cloud and customized for your unique network.
Each server environment is secure and isolated, and includes multiple virtual machines, all locked behind firewalls and military-grade Next-Gen Intrusion Prevention Systems.
- Server 2016 or 2012 R2 server-side environment
- SSD-accelerated SAN storage
- Built on VMware vSphere and Horizon View architecture
- World-class redundancy with High Availability (HA) and Dynamic Resource Scheduling (DRS)
- Unlimited virtual servers – within vRAM limits
- Up to 20GB plus 2GB for each user of server vRAM
- Up to 200GB plus 20GB for each user of SSD-accelerated SAN storage for servers
- Dedicated Active Directory
- Dedicated file server with group-level and user-level file security
- Dedicated application and database servers
- Pre-configured HIPAA-compliant privacy and security protocols
- VMware Horizon View Security Gateway in DMZ and Connection Manager on LAN
- Pre-configured ADFS Proxy Server in DMZ and Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS) for Office 365 SSO
Nerdio enables a uniform desktop experience per user, hosted in the cloud, and connected to your virtual server infrastructure via a 10GbE network. We made this to be as simple and secure as it could be. Accessible from anywhere, and on almost any device (sorry, flip-phone users). So users get the same experience across devices and locations, just as if they were at their in-office machine.
We also use the PCoIP protocol, which means the only data transmitted are pixels, clicks, and keystrokes. This is nothing like remote desktop over some antiquated Citrix server-client rig. It’s a nimble, responsive virtual desktop with dedicated resources. And here are more techie goodies for you:
- Dedicated virtual desktop per user – up to 4CPUs/8GB RAM, 200GB SSD, 1000mbps NIC, and quad-monitor support
- Available in two Windows desktop flavors – 10 or 8.1 – running on top of rock solid Windows Server 2016 and 2012 R2 operating system
- The entire desktop is accessible through an installed client application, HTML5-based browser, or mobile app
- Natively-encrypted PCoIP protocol
- Golden Image template configured for your unique network environment makes deploying new desktops super easy
- Renders ready-to-click in milliseconds (go ahead – speedcheck us!) with up to 1000mbps internet connection
We all know and love Software-as-a-Service. These are all included in your monthly subscription. We manage the updates and testing. And we throw in a few freeware extras for you, along with the ability for you to download any others that you want.
- Microsoft Office 365 to be installed on up to five machines (and unlimited mobile devices) for each user
– Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access
- Microsoft OneDrive with up to 1TB storage for every user
– Share large files with users outside of your organizations
– Synch files from user’s virtual desktop to local computer to be worked on while offline
- SharePoint Online
- Kaseya Remote Management platform to monitor all your servers and desktops and provide remote support to your users
- Automatic weekly software updates
- Employee Productivity Tracking (totally optional)
- Firefox, Chrome, NitroPDF, Notepad++, and other freeware productivity tools
- Most importantly – guaranteed support for all of your existing (or new) Windows or Linux applications
We preconfigure your communication to make it easy to phone home. We offer email management, plus archival if you need it. Want to know more? Here you go:
Email and Communications
- 100GB Exchange Mailbox (that’s right – no more small mailbox limits for your users to complain about)
- Unlimited size personal email archive for those users needing more than 100GB of email (you know who they are)
- Mimecast email archiving, filtering and encryption
- Skype for Business instant messaging and screen sharing
- Site-to-site IPSec VPN encrypted communication between offices
(AKA the Geek Stuff)
You may have noticed we talk about security a lot. Well, we take it really seriously. We use military and government grade encryption and security protocols. We also use best-in-class user account management suites, so you can remove a user’s access with one swift click. Plus:
- SOC 2 Type 2 audited Tier III data center
- Dedicated Next-Gen firewall
- Kaspersky AntiVirus on all desktops and servers
- Fault tolerant dedicated compute capacity
- Multi-factor factor authentication to protect against password theft
- Identity Access Management (password manager and single-sign on)
- SAN-level encryption of data-at-rest
- Natively encrypted data transmission
We’re pretty proud to have a Net Promoter Score of 75. People love us. Which is terrific, because we take great care of our customers. We want to get technology out of the way of your productivity. We can even interface with your vendors for you. Answer your questions. Talk with you about strategy and best practices. We’ll even help train users and admins.
- Tier-2 Technical Liaison to help plan and manage your service
- Proactive system monitoring, notification, and remediation
- Internet connectivity monitoring
- Industry-certified support agents (who speak American English)
- Vendor collaboration – even ISPs and hardware vendors
- Back-end patching, updates, antivirus, and backup
- 24/7/365 helpdesk support available (phone, chat, and email)
- 24/7/365 system monitoring and proactive problem remediation
- User-accessible password recovery by SMS
Ever have to tell the boss his data’s gone? Yikes. We built our whole platform around redundancy. Even after an earthquake, tornado, gremlins, we’ll have you back up and running in a jiffy. We even situated our data centers in different time zones across the country for maximum network uptime (100% to be exact).
Legendary Reliability (and Disaster Recovery)
- Multiple Tier III data centers
- PCoIP protocol allows for great user experience even on higher latency connections
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO) – Never lose more than one hour of data changes
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO) – Be back online within four business hours in case of a regional disaster
- Up to hourly full data backups
- Continuous, secure out-of-state replication
- Standby DR capacity to bring up a secondary system
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) to define policies to prevent unauthorized removal of data with personal devices, flash drives, external cloud storage, or personal email.
OK, we admit it, we love this stuff. We already mentioned our data centers, but we just wanted to take a minute more to share some of the tech we use there. Bask in the glory of high-density blade servers, 10GbE and 40GbE LAN, and SSD SAN. We even use handprint ID sensors (which are way cooler in person than on TV). Thirsting for more?
Data Center Technology
- Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade servers
- Dell Force10 Switches
- Nimble Storage SAN
- 40GbE core network
- Multiple BGP blended internet circuits
- Next-Gen UTM/Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Onsite Video Surveillance
- Two-Factor Physical Identity Authentication
- Isolated Data Suites
- Redundant backup UPS and diesel generators for emergency power
- Annual SOC2 type 2 audits
(AKA the Dweeb Stuff)
|Internet Connection||Broadband (500kbps/100kbps per user down/up)||1mbps per user, with high-speed LAN|
|Personal Computing||Your existing laptops, desktops, etc .||Basic monitors with zero-client boxes, or smart monitors|
|User Device Operating System||Win 7+, Linux, Mac 10.6.8+, iOS 6+, Android... or just an HTML5 browser||Teradici chipset-based purpose built zero client|